The primary mission of Havant & Waterlooville Youth Football Club is to offer and assist in the development and growth for players of all ages and abilities, not only as football players but also as young citizens within the community. This will be accomplished by improving their life skills as well as their football abilities.
All participants will be afforded the opportunity to improve these life skills through education, friendships, teamwork, and football.
The purpose of Havant & Waterlooville Youth FC is to provide safe, supervised football activities for the youth of the local area. We want all our players, at all levels to improve, be competitive and enjoy winning, but not at all costs. Instead we want football to be played in the correct spirit, fairly, where ideas, creativity and therefore often mistakes on the pitch are encouraged, and everybody is welcome to play.
It is important players of all ages develop whilst having fun, which creates the correct tone in order to progress. Progression occurs over years, not months and weeks. Our players play football in a positive, inclusive environment, where ability is not the only focus. We believe our football will be competitive if played in this way and individuals/teams will over time develop towards their potential if treated in this way.
The objectives of Havant & Waterlooville Youth Football Club shall be the following:
- To build healthy bodies and minds.
- To develop skills and proficiency in the game of football and related activities.
- To teach the concepts of teamwork, commitment, accountability, sportsmanship, loyalty, honesty, and pride.
- To stimulate community interest in football.
- To have fun.
- To accomplish all of these things with the welfare of all players first and foremost, without adult ambition for personal glory.
- To provide football for all children of all ages and abilities in a fun and safe environment.
- To promote good behaviour and respect for others.
- To ensure all players play within the rules of the game.
- Promote the importance of Teamwork.